Breef is seeking a Brand Copywriter (contract) to join our dynamic, quickly growing team. This individual will be responsible for representing our brand through copy + editing efforts across various channels and touch points.
The ideal candidate has had prior experience within a copy role at a technology company, creative or digital agency. At their core, this individual is a storyteller. You are up-to-date on the latest digital trends + marketing initiatives of leading brands. A perk of this role is that you will work across teams, and directly with our founders, to shape the brand.
This is a part-time, contract based role, that may have the opportunity to become full-time.
About Us - Breef is the world's first agency marketplace. As the modern outsourcing solution, our platform connects leading brands with leading agencies for all their digital + creative needs. Our product is changing the future of work and is a first-of-its-kind solution for high-value transactions.
Please submit your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — subject “Brand Copywriter”
Your day to day is to...
- Represent the Breef brand + voice across all channels - website, product, email, marketing, campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Oversee all product copy across the Breef Platform + related emails
- Turn complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling content considering our tone, readability, UI and layout
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that bridges the brand voice with the target audience to user action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by target audiences at hand
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Stay on top of trends through business/industry resources + social media - it’s key that you remain relevant!
- Apply accessibility and compliance knowledge to appropriately follow guidelines and apply it to copy direction
- Support leadership on with copy + editing when needed
- Take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years of excellent writing and editing for brands, websites and digital experiences (having a portfolio is a must)
- Knowledge of the marketing needs of a modern brand - experience working within a marketing team is a plus
- The unique knack for mixing brand with businesses objectives - consistently remaining relevant, yet directional, with our users
- Experience with writing product copy - partnering with product teams to develop effective and impactful writing that showcases strong UI sensibilities
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and principles as it relates to copy decisions
- Ability to organize and prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects of varied size and complexity
- Understanding of and experience with modern + remote workplace tools (Google Suite, calendar booking systems, Asana, Slack, email workflow systems, etc.)
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Obsessed with digital trends, tone, and shorthand
- A storyteller at heart - you use words to express your creativity
- Keen attention to detail - nothing gets past you!
- A nice, fun person - with a good sense of humor
- Highly organized and process oriented - you thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Positive, family and team-like environment
- Opportunity for this role become full-time
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work policy
Breef is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.