Breef is seeking a Director of Operations to join our dynamic, fast growing team. This individual will be responsible for leading our operations team to success, ensuring strategies, systems and processes run efficiently.
As the Director of Operations, you will partner directly with the leadership team to track progress, measure KPIs and improve operational efficiency - ultimately contributing to Breef’s bottom line. The ideal candidate has a business mindset and a strategic approach to problem-solving. This person has the ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities while driving a plan to execution. They will work with a team of stakeholders, manage a large team and be a critical part of our growth trajectory in the coming years.
About Us - Breef is the world's first agency marketplace. As the modern outsourcing solution, our platform connects leading brands with leading agencies for all their digital + creative needs. Our product is changing the future of work and is a first-of-its-kind solution for high-value transactions online.
Please submit your cover letter + resume to email@example.com — subject “Director of Ops”
Your day to day is to…
- Be hands on in the business and focused on the drivers of the day to day operations. You need to know what’s happening, and why
- Understand and own the core success and growth metrics of the business. Answer the questions (i) is everyone in the operating team working to full capacity and (ii) are we in control of our own destiny when it comes to growth (iii) are we putting the right process in place for efficiency
- Act and be seen as a general problem solver - breaking down the hardest problems and building + running a team that does the same
- Design and manage ops processes such as expansion planning, optimization, target setting, and forecasting
- Evaluate core processes, reporting, and systems - identifying opportunities to improve overall efficiency and repeatable, predictable motions
- Identify opportunities for improvements + provide structured feedback to the operations, product and sales teams, including data, user feedback, and suggested solutions
- Help to build and maintain dashboards to track the performance on platform and revenue activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners on priority go-to-market initiatives
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- You have 7+ years prior experience in sales / operations for a high growth company, or operational experience in a B2B marketplace / SAAS business or a financial technology organization
- You have experience and demonstrated success in building a team, high performance culture, and in retention and team member development
- You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- You have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- You are strong in excel and other analytical tools and have familiarity with G Suite, CRM programs, and other operations platforms
- Understanding of and experience with modern + remote workplace tools (Google Suite, calendar booking systems, Asana, Slack, email workflow systems, etc)
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Entrepreneurial with positive, solution oriented mindset
- A strong problem-solver and able to negotiate sometimes competing interests across stakeholders to drive systems, processes and scalable solutions
- Someone who sees this role as being on opportunity to grow professionally and make a real impact within an organization
- Competitive, using data to solve problems, identify opportunities
- Accountable and constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- You don't accept "because that is the way we've always done it"
- Self-starter. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to handle ambiguity
- Positive, family and team-like environment
- Opportunity for extreme growth and ownership within the organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Equity in a fast-growth startup
- Generous vacation and remote work policy
Note: The Breef team is ‘hybrid-remote.’ We have offices in both NYC and Colorado. This is a New York City based role and is required to be in-office.
Breef is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.