Your agency partner will become a true extension of your team, which is why an intro call with each agency on your ‘shortlist’ is a crucial part of the selection process.
It’s on these calls that you’ll get to know the agency and their team, and get all your questions answered. Many clients use this time to flesh out the details outlined in the pitches.
As a starting point, we suggest you confirm the ‘five W's’.
- Who: Who on your team is working on my project? Get to know the team on the other side of the call. Do you mesh with your project lead, graphic designer, etc.?
- What: What will the budget cover? While this is outlined in your scope and presented in your pitch, make sure nothing is left out. We find Breef clients often add in extra deliverables beyond what’s listed in the project scope. Be upfront with your needs so both you and the agency are on the same page.
- When: When can you start my project? Though covered in proposals, solidify timelines and ensure alignment with the agency team.
- Where: Where are you located? While agencies are handpicked to your preference, this question is especially important if agencies have more than one location and / or are working remotely during this time.
- Why: Why do you want to work with my brand? Don’t be afraid to get personal — understand why the agency was drawn to your project, your brand and why they are passionate about what you’re building.