Breef is seeking a Brand Copywriter to join our dynamic, quickly growing team. This individual will be responsible for representing our brand through copy + editing efforts across various channels and touch points.
The ideal candidate has had prior experience within a copy role at a technology company, creative or digital agency. At their core, this individual is a creative storyteller. You’re up-to-date on the latest digital trends and marketing initiatives of leading brands. A perk of this role is that you will work directly with our co-founder and larger stakeholders to shape the brand.
About Us - Breef is the world's first agency marketplace. As the modern outsourcing solution, our platform connects leading brands with leading agencies for all their digital + creative needs. Our product is changing the future of work and is a first-of-its-kind solution for high-value transactions.
Please submit your cover letter + resume to email@example.com — subject “Brand Copywriter”.
Your day to day is to…
- Represent the Breef brand and voice across all channels — website, product, email, marketing, campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Oversee all product copy across the Breef Platform and related emails
- Partner directly with our co-founder and marketing team on brand initiatives, campaigns and rollouts
- Turn complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling content considering our tone, readability, UI and layout
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that bridges the brand voice with the target audience to user action
- Lead the copy for all content that sits across Breef’s editorial platform, The Breefing Room
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by target audiences at hand
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Stay on top of trends through business / industry resources and social media — it’s key that you remain relevant!
- Apply accessibility and compliance knowledge to appropriately follow guidelines and apply it to copy direction
- Support leadership with copy and editing when needed
- Take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 6+ years of excellent writing and editing for brands, websites and digital experiences (having a portfolio is a must)
- Knowledge of the marketing needs of a modern brand — experience working within a marketing team is a plus
- The unique knack for mixing brand with businesses objectives — consistently remaining relevant, yet directional, with our users
- Experience with writing product copy — partnering with product teams to develop effective and impactful writing that showcases strong UI sensibilities
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and principles as it relates to copy decisions
- Ability to organize and prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects of varied size and complexity
- Understanding of and experience with modern and remote workplace tools (Google Suite, calendar booking systems, Asana, Slack, email workflow systems, etc.)
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A multi-channel writer — you can write emails, blog posts, yet a great CTA on a website
- Obsessed with digital trends, tone, and shorthand
- A storyteller at heart — you use words to express your creativity
- Keen attention to detail — nothing gets past you!
- A nice, fun person — with a good sense of humor
- Highly organized and process-oriented — thrives in a constantly changing environment
- Positive, family and team-like environment
- Salary range between $75K-$110K (depending on experience)
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work policy
Note: The Breef team is remote. We have a core presence in NYC and Colorado. There will be opportunities for in-person team meetups.
Breef is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.